The Airports Company South Africa (“ACSA”) owns and operates the nine primary commercial service airports in the Republic of South Africa. In response to national legislation, ACSA needed help with noise monitoring, analysis and abatement.
HMMH provided a wide range of services and assistance including:
- Developing standards for conducting noise analyses
- Recommending single event and cumulative exposure noise standards
- Developing noise contours, impact assessments, and noise abatement recommendations for Johannesburg and Cape Town International Airports
- Analyzing centralized and decentralized configuration options for noise and flight track monitoring systems for ACSA airports
- Preparing an investment plan for monitoring systems at ACSA airports
- Preparing tender specifications for a monitoring system for Johannesburg International Airport
- Preparing “generic” monitoring system specifications which ACSA could apply at its other airports
- Preparing detailed job descriptions for noise office staff to support ACSA’s central noise monitoring and analysis capabilities
This comprehensive range of assistance provided ACSA with the information needed to acquire infrastructure to implement its legally mandated noise monitoring, analysis, reporting and abatement responsibilities at its system of airports.