Architectural acoustics are an important factor in building design. Many states have strict building codes for airborne sound insulation. In addition, government agencies often have specific acoustical design and performance requirements. HMMH has the expertise to help organizations and agencies meet regulatory requirements and achieve optimal sound isolation and insulation as well as design for optimal acoustical performance in spaces such as school facilities and office conference rooms. We have experience in the architectural design of all building types, from design development through construction documents and administration.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Meeting with architects to plan for the acoustic design and to identify specific program goals
- Recommending cost-effective noise criteria
- Evaluating the layout plan
- Identifying alternative assemblies/materials
- Recommending specific vendors
- Preparing architectural acoustic details
- Identifying construction issues
- Performing construction observation services
- Field-testing the acoustic performance of the built systems
In addition, HMMH provides exceptional acoustical design services to address HVAC issues and sound insulation treatments for transportation noise issues.