The North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) needed a system-wide noise study along the Dallas North Tollway.
HMMH conducted a comprehensive noise analysis that included:
- Long-term and short-term noise measurements
- Preparation of study corridor mapping
- Detailed land-use inventory
- Noise-abatement policy development
- Eligibility evaluation for all noise-sensitive areas
- Priority ranking of assessment areas
- Detailed acoustical design of noise barriers for 25 areas
- Public hearings and community workshops
Wendy Lopez & Associates, Inc. supported HMMH by providing mapping, land-use information, public relations support, barrier materials unit costing, and local coordination.
The NTTA is implementing the noise abatement program, and is also evaluating a pavement overlay to further reduce noise emissions from the Dallas North Tollway.