The city planners of a community directly adjacent to a proposed outdoor amphitheater in the neighboring city, needed to determine how the sounds from popular music concerts would impact the nearby residents in their city.
- Performed an analysis of the potential noise impact
- Conducted background sound level measurements at eight sites
- Conducted sound-propagation tests from the proposed site to four community locations
- Evaluated the potential for noise impact as defined by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Provided suggestions for minimizing that impact on the surrounding community, such as orientation of the proposed amphitheater and sound level controls during concerts