by Gene Reindel
San Diego was home to the 2010 F. Russell Hoyt National Airports Conference (NAC) September 19-21.
At the conference, the Reauthorization Bill was a hot topic. When the following panel members were asked if they believed the FAA’s Reauthorization Bill would pass this year, the unanimous response was “no”:
- James Bennett, A.A.E., AAAE Chair and President/CEO Abu Dhabi Airports Co.
- Thella Bowens, President/CEO San Diego International Airport
- Kate Lang, Acting Associate Administrator for Airports, FAA
- Paul Feldman, Vice President-Government Affairs, General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Bill Barkhauer, A.A.E., Executive Director Morristown Municipal Airport
- Douglas Hofsass, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Transportation Sector Network Management, TSA
- Ricky Smith, Director of Airports, Cleveland Airport System
- Patty Higginbotham, Vice President-Polity and Chief of Staff Air Transportation Association
The panel moderator, J. Spencer Dickerson, C.M., Senior Executive Vice President, AAAE stated that if the Bill is not passed this year, the process will have to begin all over.