by Mary Ellen Eagan,
For those of you wondering if I ever got home, here’s the exciting conclusion:
- DL 2045 (DCA to DTW) scheduled departure 5:15 pm; actual departure 5:54 pm
- DL 158 (DTW to BOS) scheduled departure 7:50 pm, actual departure 9:50 pm
Grand total for the trip:
- 9 boarding passes
- gate-to-gate Day 1: 6 hours
- gate-to-gate Day 2: 11 hours
- flight miles BOS-DCA: 393
People were remarkably patient with the situation. Sure they’re angry, but are placing the blame where it belongs: Congress.
I’d be tempted to call this a ‘Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day’, except I’m sure the air traffic situation will get worse before it gets better. Also, after last week in Boston, it will be a long time before I really have a ‘Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’.
If one of the main functions of society is to facilitate the movement of people and goods, I think we’re failing pretty spectacularly this week. First world, indeed.