HMMH is an international leader in environmental and transportation planning including noise and vibration control, air quality analysis, airport and airspace planning, and climate and energy solutions. With three offices throughout the country, we serve government and private industry clients with a broad range of innovative and effective solutions.
HMMH seeks dedicated and talented individuals who will work to provide world class consulting services in noise, vibration, and related technologies. Our firm offers a congenial atmosphere and professional growth opportunities to well-rounded individuals who have an appropriate balance of capabilities and offer promise of professional contribution to the company. HMMH offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer a 401(k)/profit-sharing plan, tuition reimbursement and vacation, sick & excused time and holiday allowances. HMMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Last updated November 2016.
SENIOR RAIL NOISE AND VIBRATION CONSULTANT
Burlington, MA; Roseville, CA; or Herndon, VA
HMMH offers a unique career opportunity for individuals with over eight years’ experience in rail noise and vibration, who desire to advance their career to the next level. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual to join a well-established group that is a core part of HMMH’s business. Project assignments will focus in leading rail and transit noise & vibration analysis on exciting projects across the country. As a Senior Consultant at HMMH, you will utilize your existing knowledge in rail noise and vibration analysis to solve clients’ problems, manage projects and conduct research. Maintaining client relationships as well as strong project management skills are additional key aspects of this role.
- Knowledge, understanding, and experience with rail noise and vibration analysis policies and methodologies accepted by FTA and FRA
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, planning, acoustics, or related technical field
- 8 + years of experience preparing rail noise and vibration studies
- Experience working in an engineering consulting environment
- Experience using equipment and accepted methods to measure sound and vibration
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and modeling skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Professional Engineering license (PE) preferred
- Ideal candidate will have business development experience building and managing client relationships
Email your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company:
HMMH is a leader in solving noise and vibration problems from all types of rail and transit systems, and has a national reputation for technical excellence in noise and vibration studies and research. HMMH develops solutions for issues resulting from rail and bus rapid transit operations in noise- and vibration-sensitive areas, works in planning and engineering design associated with new transit and railroad systems and improvements to existing systems and facilities. HMMH also performs environmental noise studies, develops noise-related guidance for federal agencies, develops noise specifications for major construction contracts, and assesses noise and vibrations impacts of rail projects throughout the U.S. Clients include transit authorities, engineering firms, state departments of transportation, federal agencies, and private land developers. For more information visit www.hmmh.com
NOISE AND VIBRATION CONSULTANT
HMMH offers a unique career opportunity for individuals with up to 5 years’ experience who desire to use their physics, math, or engineering skills. As a Consultant at HMMH you will have an opportunity to use you quantitative skills to analyze data to determine noise and vibration impacts, participate in noise and vibration measurement trips, write technical memos and reports, and interact with project teams members and clients.
We are currently seeking consultant candidates for our Burlington, Massachusetts office. Requirements include:
- BS or MS in acoustics, engineering, physics, math or a related technical field
- strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- computer modeling experience
- ability to work both independently and within a project team
- willingness to travel on field measurement trips, conferences and client meetings
Additional desired qualifications, though not required:
- experience in vibration and/or noise analysis
- experience or training in instrumentation or field measurements,
- transportation interest
- consulting experience
Strong performance will provide opportunities for further growth and contribution to the company.
Email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.