Monitoring noise from dredging operations in the Kill Van Kull channel between Staten Island, NY and Bayonne, NJ.
HMMH worked with Baker Engineering NY, Inc. and Sanchez Industrial Design, Inc. on a two-year semi-permanent noise-monitoring project for the Army Corps of Engineers. Our responsibilities included:
- Surveying the area and determining potential impact zones
- Developing a baseline noise measurement plan
- Conducting long-term baseline noise measurements for use in evaluating the noise levels measured during dredging operations
- Supporting the weekly reporting process for the dredging-noise monitoring results
- Responding to noise complaints on an on-call basis