Assessing noise exposure from helicopter operations at a proposed private-use helistop in a rural residential area.
- Conducted a series of noise measurements of simulated helicopter approaches and departures from the proposed helistop
- Reviewed existing land uses near the facility
- Calculated cumulative noise exposure levels for the proposed helicopter operations
- Assessed the shielding (noise reduction) provided by an intervening hill for nearby residences
- Compared the noise exposure levels to the Alameda County Noise Ordinance and the Alameda County Airport Land Use Plan
- Testified at the Alameda County Board of Zoning Adjustment hearings and the Alameda County Airport Land Use Commission hearings.
The potential noise effects on the nearby residents were quantified in a technical memorandum.