Noise and vibration services were needed for the Pasadena Gold Line Foothill Extension DEIS/DEIR. The project involved extending the Gold Line from Pasadena to Montclair, along both an existing rail corridor and in the median of I-210.
- As the noise and vibration consultant for the project, HMMH’s scope of work included:
- Taking extensive noise and vibration measurements along the 23-mile proposed corridor
- Conducting measurements in each of the eleven affected cities along the corridor
- Conducting a detailed noise and vibration assessment for alternatives including the presence of freight rail in the LRT corridor
- Preparing mitigation recommendations for the corridor, with an emphasis on noise from warning devices at grade crossings
- Preparing the DEIS/DEIR section for noise and vibration, along with a technical report as an appendix to the document