The Federal Interagency Committee on Aviation Noise (FICAN) identifies research needs to better understand, predict, and control the effects of aviation noise, and to encourage new development efforts in these areas. All federal agencies conducting significant research on aviation-related noise are represented on FICAN. Agencies that don’t conduct research but have broad policy roles with respect to aviation noise issues are also represented. Current members include: the Departments of Defense, Transportation, Interior, Health and Human Services, and HUD, EPA and NASA.
- HMMH has administered FICAN’s activities since its formation in 1994. Our services include:
- Coordinating all meetings, public forums, and symposia
- Preparing meeting minutes, annual reports, and technical reports
- Managing FICAN's web page: fican.org
- Conducting original research