A highly complex noise analysis was needed for the proposed widening of a 14-mile section of the Capital Beltway in Virginia.
HMMH’s study successfully satisfied all federal and state requirements. The complexities of the study included:
- Five multi-lane Build alternatives, each with several interchange options
- Removal of eleven existing noise barriers
- 4000 to over 5000 residential impacts per alternative
- 20 to 25 miles of noise barrier evaluated for each alternative
- Traffic Noise Modeling (TNM) of all areas, including complex multi-level interchanges at I-66 and Dulles Toll Road