Mr. Nicholas has participated in a wide variety of projects including:
- Noise modeling/analysis for airports
- Aviation noise field measurements
- Data processing
- Environmental assessment and impact studies
He supports projects by performing airline fleet analysis, aircraft noise measurements and analysis, radar data analysis, and aircraft noise modeling. He is an experienced user of the FAA’s airport and airspace noise model, INM, BAE’s eTamis system, and Braunstein + Berndt’s SoundPLAN.
Mary Ellen Eagan
Ms. Eagan's experience encompasses a variety of transportation noise studies. Her aviation experience includes:
- FAR Part 150 studies
- State and federal environmental evaluations
- Field measurements
- State-of-the-art noise modeling
Ms. Eagan also serves as consultant to the Federal Interagency Committee on Aviation Noise (FICAN). In addition, she has developed training manuals for use with HMMH software, and has conducted training courses for HMMH colleagues and clients. She has taught aviation training courses throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Read more about Ms. Eagan’s background and experience.
Mr. Mentzer, who assisted in the preparation of this INM course, specializes in environmental noise analyses for airports. His experience includes computer modeling of existing noise environments and forecast noise conditions. He is also experienced in the use of the FAA’s approved airport noise model, INM Version 6 as well as earlier versions. In addition, Mr. Mentzer has used in-house software to analyze ARTS data and HMMH's RealContours™ system. And he has led modeling efforts for several major noise projects including:
- Various Environmental Impact Statements
- Federal Aviation Regulation Part 150 Studies
- Environmental Assessments
- Other studies concerning airport noise
Mr. Reindel is experienced in a variety of noise disciplines and currently manages our Sacramento, California Office and various noise projects, predominantly in aviation. Mr. Reindel assists with many of the non-standard or state-of-the-art projects, such as:
- A hill-effects project at Boston's Logan International Airport
- Low-frequency aircraft noise studies at Baltimore-Washington International Airport
- Low-frequency aircraft noise studies Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- Low-frequency aircraft noise studies San Francisco International Airport
Mr. Reindel also assisted the Republic of China Air Force in Taiwan with conducting aircraft certification-type measurements and produced INM-ready files for them to easily and accurately include their aircraft types in the INM for efficient modeling of community noise exposure around their existing bases.
Learn more about Mr. Reindel’s background and experience.