The Salt Lake City Department of Airports (SLCDA) required comprehensive noise consulting serviced.
HMMH has provided SLCDA with comprehensive noise-related consulting services since 1984, including projects for Salt Lake City International Airport (SLCIA) and Salt Lake City Airport II (SLCII).
HMMH’s assistance to the SLCDA has included all noise-related responsibilities on the following major planning and environmental projects:
- 1987 Part 150 Study for SLCIA
- 1990 Master Plan for SLCII
- 1991 Environmental Assessment for SLCIA’s new westerly parallel runway
- 1998 Part 150 Update for SLCIA
- 1998 Master Plan Update for SLCIA (noise elements)
- Expert assistance for inverse condemnation litigation
- Design and specification of a permanent monitoring system for SLCIA
- Continuing flight track processing and analysis services, including the sample shown in the figure above which depicts the noise abatement airspace procedures HMMH assisted in designing, which route traffic away from the highest population areas to the east and south of the airport.